i) includes solo, chamber, ensemble or orchestral music featuring the cello;
ii) released between Jan 1 and Dec 31 of 2021 by a record label (a major or independent label, or a label owned by an academic institution, arts organization, concert presenter or artist).
* Required fields
Add Your Voice
In your opinion, Your CD of Choice is excellent in:
i) Increase public awareness in cello; ii) broaden public interest and enjoyment of solo, chamber or orchestral music featuring the cello; or iii) foster and maintain an interest in the art of cello playing
Add Your Voice to tell us how Your CD of Choice fits into the criteria above:
Would you give us permission to quote Your Voice next to Your CD of Choice if it becomes one of the five nominees for the award?
FREE e-mail subscription to VCF Prelude (monthly) for special features, exclusives, news and alerts.
By submitting this form, I acknowledge that I am at least 13 years old and I have read and agree to the Official rules and terms.
Nominees and public voting
Five (5) nominees will be announced on this webpage on March 5, 2022 at 12:01AM EST.
The nominee with the highest number of votes will be the winner of our 10th annual Listeners' Choice Award.
Official rules, terms and conditions of The Violoncello Foundation 10th annual LISTENERS' CHOICE AWARD
Public nomination and public voting
• One nomination and one vote for each e-mail address; any additional nomination(s) or additional vote(s) from the same e-mail address will be voided. Your e-mail address will not be published by any means and it will not be sold to any companies or exchanged with any organizations.
• To protect the privacy of children, the minimum age to submit the nomination form or the voting form is thirteen (13).
• Please note that only selected full or partial quotes of Your Voice will be posted next to the five (5) nominees for the award.
Determining the nominees and the winner
• The five (5) CDs with the most nominations will go under review: first to verify their eligibility (CD release date and repertoire requirement), then to go through the nomination forms submitted to examine how they meet the criteria for the award. Each CD which successfully passes through the review process will become a nominee for our 10th annual Listeners' Choice Award. For each CD which fails to pass the review, the CD with the next highest number of nominations will go under review.
• The five (5) nominees for our 10th annual Listeners' Choice Award will be announced on this webpage on March 5, 2022 at 12:01AM EST. The nominee that receives the highest number of votes will be declared the winner of our 10th annual Listeners' Choice Award. The winner announcement will be made as soon as we finish counting all the votes.
Decisions and rights
• As the organizer of the Listeners' Choice Award, The Violoncello Foundation, Inc., at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any nomination, vote or CD for any abuse, fraud, or malice by anyone, any agency, company or organization.
• Based on the nomination forms and voting forms submitted, the decisions of The Violoncello Foundation, Inc. will be final in determining the award nominees and the award winner of this event as well as the quotes to be posted in the award nominees announcement. At its sole discretion, The Violoncello Foundation, Inc. reserves the right to not name all five (5) award nominees or the award winner if it does not receive a sufficient number of nominations or votes.
Release and indemnification
• By participating in this event (nominating or voting), or accepting the nomination or award, you, your agency, company or organization agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the event organizer, The Violoncello Foundation, Inc., its officers, directors, staff and volunteers, from and against any cause of action, any injuries, losses, damages, claims, or liability of any kind resulting or arising from participation in this event or acceptance of the nomination or award.